The Tartu Food and Wine Festival is set to take place this year as a three day event, from 2–4 August, right in the heart of Tartu!
The diverse programme will increase the visibility of raw products from local Estonian producers in the best possible way. On 2 August, the festival’s food truck street will open, where excellent taste experiences will be offered to everyone interested. On 3 August, food and wine enthusiasts will be able to enjoy rich taste experiences and a diverse programme along Küüni Street and in the City Centre Park, located in Tartu’s City Centre. Over a period of two days the senses of festival visitors will be entertained by the new Emajõgi River promenade, home to several riverside summer cafes. New and already familiar tastes and fun activities can be found for both big and small. On 4 August, home cafes in Tammelinn will open their doors to visitors!
The food festival begins on 2 August, when food trucks will be waiting along Küüni Street for everyone interested in a taste experience.
Place: Küüni Street
The main festival day is 3 August.
Place: Küüni Street and parks
Awaiting visitors are Estonia’s own food and raw ingredients in their purest form, directly from the producers. In addition to the possibility to bring exciting products home with you, several street food vendors and pop-up restaurants will be opening their doors during the festival. Festival visitors will have the opportunity to take part in the selection of Tasty Tartu 2019, and the enjoyment of food is complemented by the entertainment programme taking place throughout the course of the entire day. The smallest members of the family are also awaited at the festival, since children have their very own area and programme meant just for them. A picnic area will also be open to help make the day more enjoyable.
This year’s food festival is being visited by several street food vendors, such as – (siia tuleb loetelu nimedega, mida ei pea tõlkima)
Food and Wine Festival event in Facebook.
Competition Tasty Tartu 2019 Terms and Conditions:
- Businesses that have prepared the product themselves are eligible to participate in the competition. Businesses may submit one product for evaluation to the competition. We will be registering up to 8 participants for the competition.
- All participants will be marked with a special sign.
- The best product in the Tasty Tartu competition will be selected by a jury, while the People’s Choice will be selected by visitors to the festival. Participants must introduce their product to the jury on 3 August, between 12.00 and 13.00, and in order to determine the People’s Choice the product will be offered for tasting at the above mentioned times.
- The product will be rated using a five point system.
- The product selected by the jury will be presented with the title of Tasty Tartu 2019 and the right to use the corresponding emblem on its product in accordance with the procedure for the use of the emblem.
- Festival visitors will be able to assess products on 3 August, from 12.00 to 13.00 on the homepage www.maitsevtartu.ee or electronically at the Tartu Town Hall information point.
The product receiving the most votes from visitors will be awarded the title of Tasty Tartu 2019: People’s Choice.