Taste of Tartu 2019
This year’s food festival gives visitors an excellent opportunity to choose the Taste of Tartu 2019. Eight Estonian large and small producers have selected one exciting product for visitors to taste at the festival. The producers and their products are marked with a special Taste of Tartu label in the festival area. The tasting takes place on the main day of the festival on 3 August from 12:00 to 13:00.
Visitors can vote for their favourite product only on 3 August from 12:00 to 13:00 on the festival’s website at www.maitsevtartu.ee and at Tartu Visitor Centre (Raekoja plats 1A).
For the first time, this year’s Taste of Tartu candidates will also be assessed by a renowned jury. The jury of Taste of Tartu 2019 includes:
Taste of Tartu 2019 candidates
- Zerna Ökotalu – rye bread
- Krõbevahvel OÜ – honey waffle
- Peipsi Kalamees OÜ – “Peipsi kohafilee tomatikastmes” canned fish (Lake Peipus zander fillet in tomato sauce)
- Matsimoka OÜ – traditional salami
- BirchLagoon OÜ – Kasemünt birch juice. Organic Estonian birch juice with peppermint.
- Rotaks Lihapood OÜ – lamb barbecue sausage
- Maitsete Majakas OÜ – salted caramel sauce
- Viinamärdi Talu – Pecorello Brillo cheese.